We are on the lookout for an experienced SAP Basis Technical Lead to take responsibility for the management of the SAP environment, this includes the underlying SAP Database Systems for HANA. In this role you will be responsible for the SAP software installations, upgrades, applying Support Packages, installation of add-on software components, SAP profile parameter changes, workload analysis, system error analysis and establishing standard Basis background jobs and system health checks and monitoring.
You will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS) or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in SAP Basis.
- Solid knowledge and background in SAP high availability infrastructure and design.
- Knowledge / experience running SAP HANA database systems.
- Solid experience with multiple SAP Basis implementations
- Exhibits strong team building skills, with ability to build quick and effective work rapport with others.
- Exhibits solid verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- A high standard for work ethic and quality is required.
- Must have knowledge of infrastructure process & procedures.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting the SAP Technical Environment on an ongoing basis.
- Implementing and maintaining the multiple SAP instances that comprise the SAP environment (development, test, training, and production).
- Maintaining the integrity of the SAP environment to ensure all configuration and development objects are promoted properly.
- Introducing technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance.
- Designing and implementing optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability.
- Installing and configuring all required SAP database servers and application servers
- Install and maintain systems according to SAP architecture specifications, and ensure the SAP methodology for all SAP infrastructures is followed.
- Implement network standards and procedures as they relate to SAP systems, and assess impact of new SAP releases to current system landscape environments, designs solution and assists production support teams.
- Location: Johannesburg or Durban
- Duration: 6 – 12 months (initial)
To apply or for more details send us a detailed CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (SPBSTL_GP_G)