We are seeking a tech savvy, highly driven, experienced Technical Business Analyst. You will will play a crucial role in overseeing the implementation of technical business projects and solutions, and aligning information technology with business operations through analyzing and developing innovative integrated software solutions. This is a critical position that requires a strong background in the operational aspects of an insurance, investments or annuities business and a broad understanding of technology in the insurance, investments or annuities space.
Our client is performance driven, boasts a dedicated and experienced team, encourages flexibility, offers generous bonuses, and provides opportunities for continuous learning and career advancement.
You will meet the following Requirements:
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, IT, Commerce or Computer Science
- Experience in financial services / investments / insurance sectors is a must
- Project Management Qualification is advantageous
- Or Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) or Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) would be ideal
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages like SQL and system integration solutions eg API frameworks.
- Ability to facilitate internal end-user proficiency.
- Ability to design and maintain efficient customer portal support and feedback channels.
- Ensuring optimal system functionality via integrated diagnostics.
- Proven ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis
- Familiarity with data modelling techniques and methods
- Knowledge of Project Management and Agile methodologies, Best Practices, and associated tools to appropriately manage projects and the project portfolio.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing current business processes and make recommendations for improvement based on industry trends and professional business knowledge.
- Working directly with clients to understand the individual needs of the business – Experience determining the explicit and implicit needs and requirements of various stakeholders.
- Creating and presenting reports to executive team members and shareholders to support recommendations.
- Overseeing implementation projects from beginning to completion.
- Helping to resolve competing priorities between stakeholder groups by facilitating stakeholder discussions, and escalate issues where appropriate.
- Understanding of Agile methodology and SCRUM (JIRA)
- Implementing advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing, and analysing data and business requirements.
- Prioritizing requirements and create conceptual prototypes and mock-ups
- Mastering strategic business process modelling, traceability, and quality management techniques.
Location: Option to work in Johannesburg, or Cape Town, South Africa
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to join a growing company in the insurance / long-term benefits sector that offers competitive compensation, a supportive work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. If you are passionate about analytics, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference BA_TJ_WP)