An opportunity to work for a giant in ICT space with a strong heritage, proven technology and one of the broadest portfolios in the industry!
In this role, you will be tasked with creating new business opportunities, assisting in the deployment of the company’s capital, and the creation of potential partnerships. Additionally, you will support potential mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures and help structure new business transactions, working closely with Chief Commercial / BD Officer and the financial and legal teams.
The ideal candidate will meet the following Minimum requirements:
- A Bachelors Degree in Business Management, Finance, Law or Engineering is essential
- Post grad qualification including MBA is a strong advantage
- 8+ years of experience in information communication & telecommunications (non negotiable)
- Excellent knowledge of the telecoms industry in Africa, including operators in the value chain, and the key executives
- Extensive knowledge of the Telecoms Market and Products
- Extensive knowledge of related technology
- Ability to identify opportunities, interpret market structures, and to synthesize information into a meaningful customer value proposition
- Detailed knowledge of broadband technologies
- Experience in Telco business and opportunity development
- Proficient in deal making/leading of acquisitions as well as large business development deals through deal crafting and structuring
- Experience in areas of corporate finance and financial modelling
- Strong negotiation skills and experience
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership to the business development function and analytical support to the business development activities including mergers and acquisitions, equity investments, and additional strategic alternatives.
- Support Exco in devising M&A strategies, identifying sectors and groupings of companies that might be viable business targets
- Conduct investigations into the financial and commercial state of companies subject to a particular transaction
- Project manage transactions, overseeing the negotiation of terms and developing proposals to raise funds
- Assist in Identifying the strategic issues, challenges and choices for the business as a whole and provide high level strategic, and planning advice to the C-Suite Executives on all matters affecting future business development opportunities.
- Identify and assess projects that could lead to market growth or improvements in profit outside of normal business.
- Quantitative and qualitative review of new opportunities, overseeing the creation of preliminary review materials, and reviewing the initial assessment efforts of the team
- Maintain effective networks, enhance relationships, and advocate on behalf of the business with key government figures, regulators, major commercial clients, bankers
Location: JHB North, Gauteng
If you are up for the challenge and would like to know more, kindly confirm your interest and send a detailed CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com (Reference BDMA_CH_G)