We are on the lookout for a seasoned Technical Audit professional to lead the technical audit / methodology function that is undergoing transformation to support the continued evolution and maturity of the audit function to meet regulatory expectations. This internal facing role offers the opportunity to continue to evolve audit methodology, expand both technical and non-technical department training, and support initiatives to improve the related processes and technology in a Senior Manager / Associate Director capacity.
Working with this global accounting firm, you will be involved in all aspects of developing and implementing the firm’s system/processes related to audit quality management, and providing leadership to engagement partners and teams to ensure continuous improvement to the quality of the audit file.
You will meet the following requirements:
- Fully Qualified and Registered Chartered Accountant
- Relevant Experience in a Global Recognized Audit Firm (Big 5 Preferred)
- At least 4 – 5 years post qualification experience in a part time or full time audit technical role in an audit firm
- At least 8 years prior experience operating at Manager level in a similar environment, delivering on challenging audit engagements
- Prior experience auditing listed and non-listed entities is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of current auditing techniques and understanding of ISAs, SAAPS and Auditing Professions Act
- Strong familiarity with IFRS and a detailed understanding of risk-based auditing and risk and control strategies
- Solid understanding of Quality & Risk Management procedures
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical support on International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) Audit Methodology and Approach to audit teams primarily in South Africa and Africa
- Build, manage and motivate high-performing senior managers, managers and assistant managers who will work with you and for you on projects and on technical consultations.
- Leading the firms initiatives to change processes and culture related to audit methodology
- Supporting and maintaining Assurance Department manuals, tools, templates, and guidance
- Developing and facilitating internally-focused training on various technical topics
- Consulting with Audit partners and engagement teams on complex assurance matters
- Searching for and testing new technologies to improve the firms methodology
- Spearheading initiatives focused on the adoption of new technologies
- Developing expertise in technical matters (including reporting, JSE regulations, Companies Act, audit methodology, analytics (digital auditing) and/or Reportable Irregularities).
To apply or for more details send us a detailed CV via email to email@example.com (ATM_AP_G)