A giant in the ICT sector requires the skill of a dynamic individual to join them and thrive within this Group Financial Accountant role. You will undertake group reporting, conduct Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) and analytics, be part of mergers, acquisitions and disposals, and be involved with business controls and governance.
You will meet the following minimum requirements
- Possess a degree in accounting or finance.
- Completed Articles non negotiable (eg TOPP OR TIPP articles)
- Professional qualification (Chartered Accountant)
- At least 5 years Group Reporting experience (non negotiable)
- Good knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- In-depth knowledge of financial policies, procedures and processes
- Knowledge of Corporate and Indirect Tax (VAT, withholding tax)
- Ability to manage payroll and staff expense claim reimbursements
- Knowledge of accounting for foreign currency transactions
- Knowledge of consolidation packages e.g. Hyperion, SAP, BW,COGNOS
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Advanced report writing skills
Your key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Performing monthly and annual Group reporting and consolidation
- Consolidation of latest view/budgets
- Preparing Group consolidated flash reports for Exco
- Facilitating intercompany eliminations (Balance sheet – debtors, creditors, long-term borrowings, PPE transfers in/out; Income Statement – revenues, management fees) on reporting system
- Performing month end calculations and updating of provisions, accruals, rates, sales and trading flash reports, trading profit, working capital tables and monthly reports
- Contributing to performing analysis and insights on financials and operational drivers to provide as an input for strategy development sessions
- Location: Successful incumbent will primarily be based in Johannesburg North.
- Duration: Permanent
To apply or for more elaborate details send us a detailed CV (in MS Word format) via email to email@example.com (GFA_CH_GP)