Excellent contract opportunity for a SOX professional to show off your strong SOX experience – from implementation to maintenance of SOX. Leveraging your internal controls expertise, you will provide leadership and guidance on design of controls over financial reporting, assessing operating effectiveness of controls, and overseeing management testing.
You will need to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Qualified CA(SA)/ACCA/CIA/CISA
- Six plus years of progressive responsible experience with relevant controls, accounting and / or audit experience
- Prior experience working in a SOX environment.
- Prior external audit experience (Big 4 preferred).
- Prior internal audit experience (JSE listed preferred).
- Proven track record and strong prior experience in the design, implementation and testing of financial / SOX controls.
- Solid understanding of SOX and internal control concepts and frameworks
- Strong relationship/stakeholder management skills, capable of building and maintaining effective internal and external relationships.
- Integrated financial controls expertise required; SOX implementation highly desirable
- In depth experience in leading risk and controls assessments
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Be responsible for SOX controls enhancement / improvement programmes
- Take ownership in leading and delivering the process and controls remediation activities, driving convergence and best practice.
- Drive consistency in financial/business processes, risk assessments and key controls in the regions, aligned with the Financial Control Framework.
- Drive all financial internal and external audit findings to a timely and comprehensive closure.
- Support internal/external audit work, as required.
- Implement, maintain and update Financial Controls/SOX risks and controls documentation.
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Duration: 3 – 6 months
For a confidential discussion please contact us or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference: SOX_DB_G)