A giant in the ICT sector requires the skill of a dynamic individual to join them and thrive within this Group Financial Accountant role. You will .
You will meet the following minimum requirements
- Possess a degree in accounting or finance.
- Professional qualification preferred (Chartered Accountant / ACCA )
- Good knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- 5-8 years’ experience as an accountant within the telecommunications / technology space
- VAT and Local tax and other regulatory knowledge
- Experience in Acumatica or similar ERP systems
- Fixed assets management and Budget preparation experience
- Revenue Reconciliations experience
- Preparation of annual financial statements and taxation calculations experience
- Costs and revenue investigations and Variance Analyses track record
- Solid MS Excel skills
- Good report writing skills
Your key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Preparation of monthly financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash report) and budget vs. actual reports with commentary
- Preparation of Budget and Forecasts with commentary
- Preparation and submission of VAT
- Preparation of monthly payroll
- Preparation and recording of all financial transactions in the accounting records
- Ensure that accounting controls, processes and procedures are complied with
- Prepare and book journal entries including and not limited to Amortization, depreciation, salary , VAT, PAYE, Payroll and others
- Maintaining and updating the fixed asset register, ensuring it balances with the GL and that fixed assets are physically verified at least once annually.
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Preparation of monthly schedules and reports (Prepayments, Accruals, Deferrals, Credit notes, Leave balances, Age analysis etc.)
- Preparation of monthly intercompany reconciliations.
- Preparing the annual financial statements and tax computation
- Location: Successful incumbent will primarily be based in Johannesburg North.
- Duration: Permanent
To apply or for more elaborate details send us a detailed CV (in MS Word format) via email to email@example.com (SFA_CH_GP)