We are urgently seeking seasoned SAS Data Modelers / Data Analysts, preferably with experienced gained within the Financial Services or ICT sectors. Our client is an extremely prestigious financial services institution looking for an experienced analyst, who will join their growing Johannesburg team.
You will possess experience in the following areas:
- Developing an understanding of the customer’s data environment through data profiling and statistical analyses
- Experience with developing predictive models for risk assessment arena using large data sets for high transactional volume environment
- Experience with evaluating and measuring performance of models
- Should have a basic understanding of common statistical modeling and techniques (e.g., linear regression, decision trees).
- Executing SQL queries of large table(s) efficiently – beyond PROC SQL commands in SAS to include perhaps something like Oracle SQL Developer.)
- Conceptual understanding of – and/or prior experiences related to – data profiling, fuzzy matching, entity resolution, and signal detection theory (specifically with respect to SD theory: designing and improving upon systems that monitor, minimize, and balance false positive and false negative outcomes).
- Perform the above tasks using Base SAS, SAS/ACCESS
- Experience with Enterprise Miner, and a specialized SAS enterprise solution (i.e., SAS Fraud Framework) helpful, but not required.
Educational and proficiency level:
- Degree in Information Technology / Systems, Quantitative Analysis or similar
- 4+ years of experience in data base programming, data modeling and design and development of large database
- Strong SQL programming skills
- Experience in database/SQL performance tuning of large – multi-terabytes database
- Hands-on experience creating and maintaining conceptual, logical and physical data models,
- Hands-on experience developing fully normalized relational data models
- Experience in application/database documentation development, Database documentation: design/implementation recommendations, updated design specifications/database diagrams, data dictionaries, generate PDM DDLs, updated coding standards, performance tuning parameters or related
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Should you be interested in this role or know of super candidate that might be, please send us a detailed CV (in MS Word format) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (SDA_Q_G)