An opportunity to work for a leader in Logistics space; this role reports into the GM (Sales and Forwarding) – and you will you will be expected to actively explore new business opportunities in the International Clearing and Forwarding market and to help formulate and implement clear and effective sales strategies, commercial, operational, and business growth strategies and plans which drive long-term sustainable value and drive growth within the company.
The ideal candidate will have solid sales / BD experience in the logistics space, as well as general knowledge and understanding of the Clearing and Forwarding industry, including Supply Chain, Imports and Exports process flows. You should be comfortable working in high paced environments, and interacting with customers at mid and senior management level.
The ideal candidate will meet the following Minimum requirements:
- Degree / Diploma in Sales, Marketing, Business or Management
- At least 3 – 4 years’ sales / new business development experience in logistics – especially any areas related to shipping / clearing / forwarding
- Solid knowledge of principles and methods for promoting, and selling products or services, including sales to individual and corporate clients. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales control systems
- Ideally you will have good knowledge of and direct sales experience within the Logistics space
- Confident communicator, with a track record of closing deals
- Must be able to speak English and Afrikaans fluently
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- New Business Development / Sell and promote the company products, services analogue to the clients business needs – research clients well supported by a consultative selling technique/solution.
- Sourcing and establishing of new clients in line with the companies targeted industries and classification of size of business/clients required
- Conserve strong customer service attitude
- Developing and presenting proposals for potential and existing clients
- Meet and exceed sales targets
- Manage complex negotiations with senior-level executives
- Build and establish strong long term relationships with customers.
If you are up for the challenge and would like to know more, kindly confirm your interest and send a detailed CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com (Reference SE_TV_G)