A top tier Logistics company with a footprint across Africa and abroad is looking for an Operations Manager to lead the operations and oversee new business development / revenue growth efforts (Air, Ocean & Road Import and Export) of the business.
You will be responsible for building on the processes and procedures that support and enable operations, and you will lead and coach the team on all aspects of Operations within the C&F space. Additionally you will monitor and manage risk throughout supply chain, and provide solutions for any arising freight issues.
Prior experience working within the Freight Forwarding/Clearing and Forwarding industry is crucial.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Matric (non negotiable)
- Degree or Diploma in Supply Chain / Management / Freight Forwarding NQF 4/5 or FIATA diploma advantageous
- At least 8 – 10 years’ experience working in the role of Operations Manager / Supervisor in the logistics industry
- 5+ years experience in forwarding and clearing specifically
- Good understanding / experience with end to end Supply Chain, Imports and Exports process flows is desired
- Must have prior experience providing operational management / insights to enable key accounts team to continuously improve customer experience and retention
- Computer literate (MS Office suite) and good knowledge / experience using Incoterms 2020 is highly advantageous
- Sales / Business Development experience within logistics / freight is a very strong advantage
- Must be able to provide operational insight through evaluation of estimate results to improve company tender strike rate, competitiveness and profitability
- Fluent in English and at least one African Language
- A valid driver’s license (own vehicle preferred)
- Location: Successful incumbent will primarily be based in Pretoria, Gauteng
- Candidates must have SA ID
To apply or for further details send us an detailed CV (in MS Word format) via email to email@example.com (Ref: OM_TV_G)