An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and experienced qualified lawyer to take on a Legal Counsel role based in Nairobi. Our client is a a leading frontier markets investment bank with offices in Europe, USA, the Middle East and Africa. They are an innovative firm operating across emerging and frontier markets globally.
You will be responsible for assisting the General Counsel in overseeing legal activities of the Group, including all of its subsidiaries, with a focus on Fund investments.
You will meet the following minimum criteria:
- LLB Degree or similar Law related Degree.
- Qualified lawyer with a minimum of 5 years of post-qualification legal experience, gained at a leading law firm or inhouse at a financial institution
- Cross-border transactional experience in finance law (capital markets, corporate lending, leveraged finance and/or project finance) including:
o Strong familiarity with and ability to negotiate LMA documentation
o Understanding of cross border security structures
o Understanding of intercreditor arrangements and the ability to structure multi-party financings
- Excellent contract drafting and legal analysis experience
- Experience in one of more of the following areas of law:
o Corporate/M&A/ VC & PE
o Financial services/ regulatory
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Handling regulatory issues across asset management, advisory and investment banking across jurisdictions
- Funds investment work including legal structuring; review and negotiation of term sheets; instructing external counsel; overseeing due diligence, drafting and negotiation of legal documentation and execution
- Drafting, reviewing and updating precedent documentation for all aspects of the business to protect the commercial and legal interests of the business
- Developing policies and processes to mitigate legal risks and ensure compliance with all existing and new legislation
- Establishment, implementation and improvement of compliance processes based upon regulatory requirements, practical experience, legal developments and industry best practice
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Take the next big step in your career and join a leading investment bank with a highly reputable brand.
To apply or for further details send us an detailed CV (in MS Word format), along with current salary details and availability / notice period – via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (LC_LG_NBI)