We are urgently recruiting for a driven and experienced Senior Inventory Controller to be responsible for daily Inventory Control activities and to propose and implement process improvements to increase service levels, efficiency and effectiveness. Our client is a giant in the consumer goods sector.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Matric and Relevant Tertiary Qualification (Degree/National Diploma) in Warehousing, Logistics, Management, Supply Chain or similar
- At least 5 years’ experience in Inventory/Materials/Stock Management environment, or Warehouse Management is essential
- Solid experience with 3rd party inventory management
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheets
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Computer literate – Oracle and other WMS, MS Office etc)
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Executing on all inventory activities according to policies and procedures ensuring compliance to legal, regional and local requirements
- Providing support in case of questions and support in training ensuring a sufficient level of system knowledge of all people who have influence on inventory accuracy
- Executing, advising and escalating on inventory related topics including country scans.
- Performing proactive communication about stock situations/ issues/ risks to key stakeholders including senior management, sales and marketing teams.
- Ensuring that procedures are executed in relation to potential expiring stock including informing marketing/ management team in time about potential expiring stock
- Conducting reviews on a weekly / monthly basis related to third party contractor inventory reports against Oracle on-hand inventory report to ensure accuracy and integrity are being maintained. And investigating all discrepancies, reports findings and making necessary corrections on Oracle.
- Location: Successful incumbent will primarily be based in Johannesburg (Northern Suburbs)
- Offer: Market related salary plus benefits
To apply or for further details send us an detailed CV (in MS Word format) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Ref: SIC_H_G)