Seeking a driven and experienced Inventory Controller to be responsible for daily Inventory Control activities and to propose and implement process improvements to increase service levels, efficiency and effectiveness. Our client is a giant in the consumer goods sector.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Matric and Relevant Tertiary Qualification (Degree/National Diploma) in Warehousing, Logistics, Management, Supply Chain or similar
- At least 5 years’ experience in Inventory/Materials/Stock Management environment, or Warehouse Management is essential
- Solid experience with 3rd party inventory management
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheets
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Computer literate – Oracle and other WMS, MS Office etc)
- ERP System experience
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Executing daily Inventory Control activities and support within South Africa and cross boarder countries, making sure that physical inventory and system (Oracle) inventory is matching
- Executing on all inventory activities according to policies and procedures ensuring compliance to legal, regional and local requirements
- Providing direct inventory support and inventory maintenance on Oracle – including training of logistics and warehouse personnel, cycle counts, resupply order requests, inventory adjustments, back order reports, and physical inventories
- Providing support in case of questions and support in training ensuring a sufficient level of system knowledge of all people who have influence on inventory accuracy
- Executing, advising and escalating on inventory related topics including country scans.
- Performing proactive communication about stock situations/ issues/ risks to key stakeholders including senior management, sales and marketing teams.
- Ensuring that procedures are executed in relation to potential expiring stock including informing marketing/ management team in time about potential expiring stock
- Conducting reviews on a weekly / monthly basis related to third party contractor inventory reports against Oracle on-hand inventory report to ensure accuracy and integrity are being maintained. And investigating all discrepancies, reports findings and making necessary corrections on Oracle.
- Location: Successful incumbent will primarily be based in Johannesburg (Northern Suburbs)
- Offer: Market related salary plus benefits
- Duration: 12 months fixed term contract
To apply or for more details send us a detailed CV via email to email@example.com (IC_GP_G)