A global leader in the Energy sector requires the skill of a dynamic individual to join them and thrive within this Financial Management role. You will . The ideal candidate will be a qualified CA, with over three years post qualification experience in a managerial / team lead capacity, who has deep technical knowledge and on the job experience of optimising IRR.
You will meet the following minimum requirements
- Possess a degree in accounting or finance.
- Professional qualification (Chartered Accountant) – Non negotiable
- Good knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- At least 3 – 5+ years’ post qualification experience within the energy / petrochemical / mining / heavy manufacturing space
- Solid experience working across multiple jurisdictions and currencies. (very highly advantageous)
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in audit, accounts preparation, and financial management
- Experience managing a small / medium sized team (non negotiable)
- Accuracy and attention to detail non-negotiable
- Knowledge or experience in Oracle Fusion or similar ERP systems preferable
- A deep technical and on the job experience of optimising IRR is a strong advantage
- Solid MS Excel skills
Your key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Reviewing all accounting processes and applications of accounting standards, driving continuous improvement, identifying the risk to delivery and mitigation of such risks
- Drive continuous improvement by leading and implementing optimisation projects and processes, to ensure optimal Finance team performance.
- Review monthly workbooks, management accounts and reconciliations compiled by the accountants
- Have the ultimate responsibility for the internal and external audit queries processes and subsequent follow through
- With support from your team – collate, prepare and interpret reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements and consolidation across various jurisdictions
- Lead the analysis of monthly and quarterly figures and present the findings to key stakeholders
- Provide management support to the Financial Controller around the annual budget and forecasting review
- Prepare disbursements for debt funding, managing debt reporting to lenders and other Project Finance related requirements
- Cash management and payments including construction related payments and lender repayments.
- M&A support regarding investment reporting and due diligence
- Location: Successful incumbent will primarily be based in Johannesburg
- Duration: Permanent
- Closing Date: 17 January 2024
To apply or for more elaborate details send us a detailed CV (in MS Word format) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (FM_NE_GP)