A growing insurance firm seeks an Executive Head of Operations (COO) to add depth to the firm’s Executive team. Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will manage day-to-day operations across the firm, playing an important role in overseeing all the operations of an annuity business: including client services and administration, finance, actuarial and distribution, as well as building and developing the human capability of the company.
- You will provide leadership and strategic vision to the business focusing specifically on growth, execution and delivery.
- A key aspect to this position will be to ensure operational efficiency by implementing operational, managerial and administrative procedures, innovative pricing structures and operation controls.
- Contribute to the development of the Company’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization;
- You will lead the execution of the organisation’s long-term improvement programme and change initiatives.
- You will lead the creation of a highly scalable target operating model across client services and administration, finance, actuarial, and distribution for a rapidly growing business
- You will gain an in-depth understanding of the IT solutions used to deliver the operational capability and the vision, options and cost structures for future development;
- Building and managing the human capability of the company
- Must be a seasoned operator, with at least 10 years experience within insurance arena as well as practical experience in a Senior Operations Manager / GM: Operations / COO / Head of Operations role.
- Degree educated (Management / Operations / Business)
- MBA would be an added advantage
- You will have ideally worked in an insurance company and gained experience related to growth and client take on; and experience with developing new processes and procedures to accommodate this development.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Effective prioritization
- Adept at pulling together the right multi-functional internal teams, supplemented by external experts where required
- Adaptable and resilient, and able to mirror these traits in the firm’s operations
- Student of evolving practices and trends that can impact the operations of a growing investment firm
- Location: South Africa (option to work from any of the major cities)
- Package: Competitive, Commensurate with experience
- Strictly AA/EE opportunity
To apply please send us a detailed CV (in MS Word format) via email to email@example.com (HOO_WP) or contact us for a more confidential discussion.