A leading Mobile Financial Services firm requires the skill of a dynamic individual to join them and thrive within this executive level Risk and Compliance role (Chief Compliance Office) that reports into the CEO and to the Board.
You will utilise your risk / compliance background to be responsible for providing guidance in all
compliance matters on a global basis, implementing a corporate transaction monitoring system across the entire organization and developing and implementing suspicious activities reporting procedures in each licensed entity within the Group.
You will meet the following minimum requirements
- Completed Degree in Accounting / Finance / Risk Management / Criminal Sciences / Law (non negotiable)
- Certified Compliance Officer (CCO certification) or equivalent would be an advantage
- Fifteen (15) + years of experience in the Compliance function in a Mobile Financial Services / Money Service Business, Payment Service Provider (PSP), Financial Institution or Regulatory Entity
- Membership of Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists or equivalent is a strong advantage;
- Solid understanding of relevant laws and regulations relating to the Mobile Financial Services / Money Service Business, Electronic M-Wallet, Financial Services, Banking and Securities industries
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines including the Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, General AML principles and FATF Recommendations
- Knowledge / understanding of international regulations in Latin America and the Caribbean would be a strong advantage
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that the company is aligned with different scheme and mobile financial services rules and requirements while keeping abreast with regulatory reforms.
- Developing a methodology for identifying risks [design & implement a robust Compliance Monitoring Plan (CMP)], making changes, and communicating clearly with stakeholders regarding compliance requirements.
- Identifying and assisting in the implementation of mitigating measures to manage key risks inherent in mobile money operations
- Maintain a thorough understanding of AML typologies related to international remittance services as well as the different local Mobile Wallet operations such as P2P, Cash In/Out, Payment to Merchants (Including QR Codes)
- Overseeing all country and regional compliance officers and managers
- Designing and implementing Anti Money Laundering/Compliance Training
- Location: Successful incumbent will be based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
- Duration: Permanent
- Comprehensive Expat package including paid accommodation, flights, vehicle/transport, medical, bonus, relocation assistance
To apply or for more elaborate details send us a detailed CV (in MS Word format) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (RkC_PNG)