Excellent contract opportunity for a Data Analysis (Audit/Risk/Assurance space) professional to show off your strong analytical experience within the data governance and data quality space. In this role, you will develop, deploy and enforce policies, procedures frameworks and controls that ensure data is used and maintained properly. Additionally, you will monitor and improve data quality and promote a data protection culture across the organization.
You will need to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Degree in Risk / Business / Finance / Information Systems
- 5+ years of progressive responsible experience within a data analysis / data governance role
- Prior experience working in the Audit / Assurance environment
- Expertise in national data protection laws and practices
- Knowledge and operational skills in Data Governance and Data Quality highly desired
- Understanding of information technologies and data security
- Knowledge of business analysis frameworks
- Strong relationship/stakeholder management skills, capable of building and maintaining effective internal and external relationships.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Being a business process improvement champion – by evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
- Creating and implementing an enterprise wide Data Governance Framework
- Designing data governance policies, processes, standards and controls
- Collaborating with Risk and Legal departments to interpret data-related Legislation and Regulations, including, but not limited to the Protection of Personal Information Act and the General Data Protection Regulation
- Defining acceptable data quality levels in conjunction with business owners and define rules that the company must use to ensure data is available, at the right quality levels and accessed securely by authorised personnel
- Collaborating with data owners and data analysts to analyse data for data quality issues and define requirements for what quality measures needs to be tracked.
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Duration: 6 – 12 months +
For a confidential discussion please contact us or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference: DGBA_DB_G)