We are on the lookout for experienced Data professionals with demonstrable skills of mapping and designing ETL’s from Core Banking and or Policy Admin Systems to GL. Technical integration experience will be strong advantage as well as testing experience (developing test cases, doing testing). Must also have MIS and report building experience.
You will undertake roles and responsibilities in the following areas:
- Delivering relevant and insightful information to the Business, whilst helping the organisation grow around Business Intelligence.
- Collaborating with business stakeholders to determine business needs and relevant delivery of requirements.
- Documenting and maintaining ETL mapping files, validations and transform rules.
- Mapping data flows and requirements into Features, User stories, Sprint tasks
- Documenting requirements including data modelling, interface layouts, data flows, screen and report layouts, etc.
- Ensuring that solutions present timely, consistent, accurate, complete and valid data.
- Guiding and advising the Business on the most appropriate solution(s) to meet their needs and develop complete and accurate models.
- Providing quality information analysis to support key business decisions and reporting needs.
- Providing MIS support to satisfy existing reporting requirements and design new reporting structures where required. This includes the automation of regular reports.
- Analysing and makes recommendations on data to inform and develop business strategy.
- Data mining, data modelling, report creation and automation, end user education and training.
- Supporting users through their UAT processes, including testing and documentation of the solution developed.
Educational and proficiency level:
- Degree in Information Technology / Systems, Quantitative Analysis or similar
- 4+ years of experience in data base programming, data modeling and design and development of large database
- Strong SQL programming skills
- Experience in database/SQL performance tuning of large – multi-terabytes database
- Hands-on experience creating and maintaining conceptual, logical and physical data models,
- Hands-on experience developing fully normalized relational data models
- Experience in application/database documentation development, Database documentation: design/implementation recommendations, updated design specifications/database diagrams, data dictionaries, generate PDM DDLs, updated coding standards, performance tuning parameters or related
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Duration: Long term contract
Should you be interested in this role or know of super candidate that might be, please send us a detailed CV (in MS Word format) via email to email@example.com (DTA_Q_G)