We are seeking an experienced Cyber Security Analyst to perform security monitoring and incident handling to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets for our clients CSOC.
You will implement technical security solutions such as deploying honeypots or scripting with the intention of pro-actively detecting weaknesses and shortcomings in security posture and improving detective and response controls within the Cyber Security Operations Centre (CSOC).
You will need to meet the following minimum requirements:
• A Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or engineering (highly preferred)
• Minimum of 5 years working experience in the field of IT Security and Information Technology or related
• Broad knowledge of Security technologies and products.
• Relevant product Certifications in SIEM, Security Analytics, AV, Log Management
• Linux+, Security+, Network+ or equivalent;
• ITIL Proven skills in a SOC functional unit
• Must have the ability to understand large, complex systems and be able to focus on specific details or subsystems, their vulnerabilities and linkages
• Experience dealing with malware, attack vectors and the ability to perform pattern analysis
• Requires basic knowledge in IT operations with a focus on governance, risk and compliance
The successful candidate will have the following Technical Competencies:
• Knowledge of client service delivery;
• Knowledge of Cyber Security and associated controls;
• Knowledge of current SOC operational methodologies;
• Knowledge and understanding of SOC related standards, i.e. NIST 800;
• Knowledge of advisories and threat intelligence;
• Knowledge of related SIEM technologies;
• Extensive knowledge of root cause analysis and escalation procedures
Location: Gauteng, South Africa
Duration: 6 – 12 Month contracts – with option to convert to permanent
For a confidential discussion please contact us or apply here (Reference: CSS_G)