We are currently recruiting for a CIMA qualified Cost Accountant to join the finance team of a Global Manufacturing company in Cape Town.
You will be responsible for calculation of conversion cost, stock verification, preparation of production reports and contribution towards the production planning process.
Minimum Requirements/Criteria include:
- Completed BCom Accounting Degree (Majoring in Cost Accounting preferred)
- CIMA Qualified
- Cost accounting experience in a manufacturing (engineering, steel) environment is non negotiable
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of Lean, ISO, Six Sigma manufacturing techniques preferred
- Experience with large cost centres (ideally in excess of R30 million)
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) :
- Ensuring financial evaluation of business initiatives (cost and revenue ideas) to avoid deviations.
- Conducting project evaluations as and when initiated by business to project profitability.
- Cost center analysis.
- Perform cost rolls for existing products, new products, and estimates.
- Analysing and correcting on ledger all incorrect cost items outside acceptable GP range
- Analysing and correcting cost variance reports
- Preparing monthly receipt reports and compare to budget
- Calculation of conversion cost and updating of product master
- Managing quarterly stock verification of raw material and finish goods
- Procurement of raw material and packaging, ensuring ordering and delivery optimization
- Updating outstanding order value reports
- Correcting cost and/or incorrect transfer prices
Location: Successful incumbent will primarily be based in Cape Town.
To apply or for further details send us an detailed CV (in MS Word format), along with current salary details and availability / notice period – via email to email@example.com (Reference: CsA_WC_WP)