We are urgently recruiting for a seasoned and mature Company Secretary to provide leadership to the Company Secretary portfolio, inclusive of managing and supporting all Board activities, in order to ensure compliance with good corporate governance and all legislative requirements.
Minimum Requirements/Criteria include:
- A relevant legal qualification (LLB; B Proc or similar degree) is essential and/or CIS qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a company secretary role including at least 3 years’ experience in excellent minute-taking and board pack preparation
- Sound knowledge and understanding of corporate law and corporate governance (non negotiable)
- An excellent command of English, both written and verbal, is a requirement of the role.
- Ability to provide independent advice (orally and in writing) to senior level management on legal and regulatory matters.
- Strong legal drafting skills.
- Previous experience working in a consulting / advisory environment strongly preferred
Your key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ensure minutes of all meetings are properly recorded
- Compile and circulate board meeting packs
- Maintain and update company and statutory registers and minute books
- Coordinate board, individual directors’ annual evaluations
- Develop and circulate board meeting plans
- Inform directors of legal and regulatory aspects relevant to or affecting the company and report any non-compliance
- Keep abreast of all legal and regulatory developments affecting the company’s operations and brief directors thereon
- Prepare resolutions as and when required, and maintain a resolution register and ensure that the board’s decisions are communicated efficiently to achieve prompt and full implementation
- Advise the board and relevant stakeholders in the organization on matters of ethics, good governance and changes in legislation as well as Companies Act, King, and related legislation
- Update the Corporate Governance Framework to ensure it is aligned to any amendments to legislation
- Contribute to the governance, risk and compliance training of Directors
Duration: Contract opportunities
To apply or for further details send us an detailed CV (in MS Word format), along with current salary details and availability / notice period – via email to email@example.com (Reference – CMPS_SG_G).