We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced ALM specialist to join our client’s team in the insurance and long term benefits sector. Working within the ALM and Actuarial Valuations teams, you will be responsible for helping to oversee the development of programs and/or models that evaluate the organization’s asset/liability strategy. The role will cover operational and technical elements related to asset and liability management – and is open to actuarial as well as non-actuarial professionals.
You will meet the following Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or a related field.
- Experience in the ALM space, or Actuarial Valuations, with a focus on Liabilities, Embedded Value and Value of New Business or related is most ideal
- Strong technical skills in modelling and/or coding as well as computer programming are essential
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Financial services sector experience is necessary, and experience in a life businesses/long terms benefits / insurance sector would be a strong advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and a commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and improve the ALM hedging strategies
- Source appropriate financial instruments
- Work closely with top management to provide input related to hedging and capital modelling
- Implement the development of actuarial models, systems and processes
- Assist in the automation of processes, as well as the testing and implementation of changes to the ALM/Valuations system
- Work to enable the adjustment / improvement of all the business processes that support the Actuarial systems
Location: South Africa (Option to work remotely from anywhere in the country)
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced ALM / non qualified Actuarial individual to join a growing company in the insurance sector that offers competitive compensation, a supportive work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. We would love to hear from you. To apply, please send a detailed CV to email@example.com (Reference ALM_WP)